Es ist wieder einmal soweit, es ist Patch Dienstag, somit gibt es für alle Windows Versionen ab Windows 7 wieder Ordentlich Sicherheitsupdates und Fehlerbehebungen, auch Windows 10 Mobile wird weiterhin versorgt. Besonders hervorzuheben ist das Windows 10 Mobile Apps nun Performanter laufen sollen, besonders soll Die Fitbit App schneller Starten, auch soll sie sich besser verbinden lassen und Daten schneller Synchronisiert werden. Außerdem heißt im Menü Phone Update nun auch Windows Update, mehr Details zum heutigen Patch Dienstag folgen unten.
Patch Dienstag Änderungen im November 2017:
- Addressed issue that causes the Mixed Reality Portal to stop responding on launch.
- Addressed issue that causes a black screen to appear when you switch between windowed and full-screen modes when playing some Microsoft DirectX games.
- Addressed a compatibility issue that occurs when you play back a Game DVR PC recording using Android or iOS devices.
- Addressed issue where the functional keys stop working on Microsoft Designer Keyboards.
- Addressed issue to ensure that certain USB devices and head-mounted displays (HMD) are enumerated properly after the system wakes up from Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue where the virtual smart card doesn't assess the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) vulnerability correctly.
- Addressed issue where Get-StorageJob returns nothing when there are storage jobs running on the machine.
- Addressed issue where applications based on the Microsoft JET Database Engine (Microsoft Access 2007 and older or non-Microsoft applications) fail when creating or opening Microsoft Excel .xls files. The error message is: “Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)".
- Addressed issue where application tiles are missing from the Start menu. Additionally, applications that the Store app show as installed don't appear on the application list of the Start menu. Computers that have Internet connectivity and upgrade on or after November 14, 2017 will receive this preventative solution and avoid this issue. Machines that lack network connectivity or have already encountered this issue should follow the steps in the Microsoft Answers thread “Missing apps after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators Update”. Microsoft will release and document an additional solution in a future release.
- Addressed issue where Microsoft Edge cannot create a WARP support process and appears to stop responding for up to 3 seconds during a wait timeout. During the timeout period, users cannot navigate or interact with the requested page.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, Internet Explorer, and Windows Media Player.
Änderungen für Windows 10 Mobile:
Cortana + search
- Improved resume-from-suspend behavior to enable a Cortana skill to be authenticated before the user interacts with the skill
Network & Internet
- Improved reliability when connecting to VPNs
- VPN will now complete all pending actions before sleep and disconnects
- Support for automatic reconnection on resume
- Force tunneled improvements for UWP
- Improved proxy for UWP VPN profiles
- MMS can now be used when VPN is connected
- Two factor authentication can now be set up
Time & language
- New UX for Speech and Keyboard downloads
Update & security
- "Phone Update" has been renamed "Windows Update"
- Continuum now supports portrait mode
- Adds a new privacy settings page to the Out-Of-Box-Experience
- ApplicationManagement CSP and AppLocker CSP have been updated to accomondate an improved UX for AppLocker
- Improved performance for apps such as Fitbit for pairing, connecting, syncing and notifications
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity with Garmin Wearables
- Improved reliability
- Support for Emoji 5.0 has been added
- Improved map-matching
- Windows will now report to be version 1709